Wednesday 27 February 2008

Die Zauberflöte


One of my birthday presents this year was two tickets for Die Zauberflöte at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. And that is where Oliver and I went yesterday evening. I must admit I particularly like the this opera house: it has a beautiful theatre with a spectacular ceiling, the bar areas both upstairs and downstairs are very well designed and last but certainly not least I always enjoy their performances. (It was a little chilly so if you ever go there make sure to dress warm enough.)

Die Zauberflöte is one of my favourite operas, and it was a genuine pleasure to see it performed live for the first time. What surprised us most is the many funny things they added to the live performance: on several occasions all the audience was laughing out loud! Papageno and Papagena were wonderful and the Queen of the Night exceptional! I can definitely recommend this production!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST!!!

Hey, baby Cuzz, great idea to start a blog! I've been meaning to do that myself for so long... Oh well, I suppose the world isn't waiting for my riveting tales either... Glad you enjoyed Die Zauberflöte. Could you go into a bit more detail as to what those things were that were added to the performance?

I'm glad I can keep track of your life more easily now. All the best, lots of love,

K.